Name of fabric

by Pat
(Dunmow, UK)

I want to make my own cushions but I cannot find out where to purchase the white polyester type of material that manufacturers use for making cushion pad inners. Any ideas please, or what is it called.

Comments for Name of fabric

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Aug 02, 2014
Fabric for cushion inners
by: EJ

Hello Pat, Thank you for your query, I think it is a type of polypropylene that is breathable. Manufacturers buy this wholesale.
Other companies use poly/cotton or some use good quality 100% cotton fabric.
It just depends on how sturdy you want to make them and what you will be filling them with, as you will need feather proof ticking if using down and feathers.
I use a medium weight polyester cotton such as curtain lining for ones I make.
Hope this helps and they turn out well.

Click here to add your own comments

Return to Cushion queries..

Affiliate offers

Please take care with any soft furnishing that it does not come into contact with any heat source. 

If you have found an error on this page or want some more information on sewing cushions.

Please contact me . Thank you